Ransomware is rapidly emerging as a major threat to organizations all around the world.
Ransomware is a type of malicious software (Malware). And, over the last few years, we’ve been hearing more and more about it in media stories, so it’s pretty common.
After infecting systems, it locks users out of their data and asks for a ransom demand.
Ransomware is delivered frequently accomplished through deceit and trickery.
No organization should rely on chance for its security, be it a multinational, a small business, a microbusiness, or a government agency.
This is particularly the case of ransomware, which is the fastest-growing malware at this time. It cost $325 million to firms throughout the world in 2015, climbed to $5 billion by 2017, and is expected to reach $20 billion by 2021.
This course is meant to address the threat of ransomware and give strategies for protecting against it.
The course delves into the fundamental differences between ransomware and malware, examines threat information, and addresses ransomware prevention and recovery.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the key features of ransomware attacks.
- Different attack vectors employed by ransomware to infect computer systems
- Explain how to defend yourself and how to get help for a ransomware attack
- Find out where you can get information to help you prepare for a ransomware attack
What Will You Learn?
- This course will show you how to protect against ransomware danger in a realistic way.
- Learn how ransomware works and how it is used to extract money from its victims.
- Basic explanations of ransomware components
- Discover how ransomware infects computers via several attack methods.
- Find out about the many ransomware types.
- Know how to avoid ransomware attacks which infiltrate your endpoint device and network.
- Discover what to do if your system has been infected with ransomware.
- To respond to ransomware attacks, learn how to build up a ransomware action plan.